Saturday, October 21, 2006

Blogger Poker Tour 2007 - Poker.com

Blogger Poker Tour (BPT) 2007 is a series of tournaments hosted by bloggers, for bloggers, with the top prize being a $12,500 Aussie Millions package.

This year to earn your place in the BPT Grand Final, and take your shot at over $25,000 in prizes, you will need to make it to the top of the BPT Leader board. Click here for more details on how the BPT works."

Before Signing Up - BPT Participant Requirements

1. You must have your own blog (web log) or be a contributing member of a communal blog. Vist this page at Wikipedia.com for a definition of what a blog is.

2. You must be able to add the participation banner code to your blog

3. Your blog must be regularly updated
(If your blog has been created recently, you will not be eligible to participate in BPT events until you can show a history of regular blog posting.)

4. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE OUR TIME IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BLOG!

If your blog meets the above requirements, please follow the two-step sign-up process below to register for the BPT and obtain your participation banner code."


Signup and Register - Blogger Poker Tour


**** We get points for referring other bloggers please mention that you heard about this on IPP ****

I played in this last season, had a lot of fun and won some nice Poker.com tcotchke.

Event #3 is today and I'm really excited. BPT Commissioner Shane has already cleared out some pretend bloggers (see It's the BLOGGER poker tour)so don't try to scam your way in.

My skills are much improved this year and I've stayed in the top 20 through the first two events. My goal for Event #3 is to improve on my 18th place finish in the lat event.

<<< Fair Witness >>

I'm a real, professional journalist with a diploma and everything. See "by Patrick Boake" for some of my work that's available online. One of the principles drilled into our heads in J-School was we don't pull any punches. That means we report the good AND the bad as objectively as possible. So, when a situation on which I've reported critically gets cleared up, I have an obligation to report that as well.

I have given the Poker.com software (and certain support people) a rough ride in the past. Before J-School I did 20-plus years in IT that left me with a low tolerance for commercial applications with major bugs and less for support departments who try to make out that it's the user's fault.

Having played 2 BPT events in the past month I can say that the Poker.com no longer has the problems referred to in earlier posts. It worked flawlessly through the last 2 events and I'm sure it will continue to do so.

Well done to all at Poker.com for clearing that up.

--PB--

Absolute Poker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home