Sunday, June 11, 2006

Poker.com - Bad Beat City #6- The Other Players

It has to be said that some of the very few people who wanted to talk bad enough (or felt courtesy was important enough) to battle through Poker.com's chat-unfriendly interface and actually say something were nice. A few were sympathetic to my venting about the cards.

Mostly they were silent which makes for some pretty dull poker. I'm not a constant blabber but when I do need/want to talk to someone it shouldn't be a major hassle.

Then there's the ones who _should_ remain silent.

New depositors get a coupon for a week's worth of $500 freerolls.

In tonight's version I get pocket jax on the second hand. I bet 60 of my 100 chips and get a 5-6 callers including a guy two seats to my right.

The flop is 10-4-2 rainbow. Everyone checks, I'm sitting late and go all-in and wait for the folding to begin. Which it does - except for they guy 2 seats back who calls and flips - wait for it - 42 off.

Several callers at 60 chips each and somehow this guy figues it's a good idea to call his 42 off from the middle of the table.

The chances of me hitting the set or some other even larger miracle are slim and none - with none leading by a country mile. I'm gone in less than 60 seconds. A perfect capper for the day.

The kicker is when it's all over one of the folders across the way chimes in with "NH dude."

Sometimes I think that the best reason for playing online is so I'm not in the same room when somebody says something like that right after a big loss.

I have a enough character not to take a swing at them (not saying I wouldn't feel like it - I would - but I wouldn't do it) but you can be sure they'd know how I felt about it.

--PB--

Absolute Poker!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home